File Size: 3680 KB
Print Length: 256 pages
Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (September 19, 2016)
Publication Date: September 19, 2016
Far from a book that's simply for lawyers, this is an e book that any woman or person dealing with women (so, presumably, just about everyone) in corporate America must read. These communication issues arise in all types of workplaces, and progressing away from negative examples will benefit all businesses, regardless of field, because it will permit those to learn to absorb ideas from all members of they. This open discussion almost surely needs to be a positive for not only employee satisfaction, however for the bottom line, as exchanges of better and more ideas can only lead to better and more innovation., There are countless books written about this topic, but none of them that I have read (or seen, for that matter) are as useful or as well-structured that one -- nor have I seen anything with this topic written by a man and woman together. Although the book concentrates on communication techniques in a company setting, I actually thought the application of these techniques is much broader.
My favorite aspects include:
- The conclusion of each chapter lists USEFUL (not just fluffy) " take-aways, " providing readers the tools they need to apply the data described in each chapter. Each one is like a " to do" list of things to try.
- Vignettes appear throughout the book that describe real-life situations where one of the authors encountered someone (typically in a mentoring context) dealing with the issues raised in that chapter.
- The particular authors confess and deal with their own challenge and struggles based on a biases. We was so impressed with how honest and traditional they are about their experience. That added so much to the significance of the book, without being mind-boggling.
- Even though I'm not an educational (and I don't think the authors are either), I respect the amount of research and evaluation that went into this book. There are many quotations to academic journals -- not just other business advice-filled memoirs.
- This book addresses some considerable issues that are usually otherwise avoided, including talking about stereotypes that women have against other women and bullying.
Things I wish the book included:
- A workbook to go with it or a guided record to help track progress and growth in each area.
- Discussion questions for reading this in a group setting - I believe this would be great to use for coaching/mentoring organizations or corporate book golf clubs with a specialist theme.
- Expanded conversations about parenthood in the workplace, and more of the male perspective (most of the other chapters were pretty even, but the " Work and your Life" chapter seemed narrower on the issues that moms face.
- Some of the quizzes referenced in the " Key Takeaways" part at the conclusion of each chapter - or perhaps one website with links to all of them. Several of them looked really interesting, but it was a struggle to type in the long addresses.
Total, I an easy but valuable read - you could get through this on the plane (I did! ) and finish it being inspired, with a roadmap of practice advice to try., With this presidential election year, discussions about Hillary Clinton demonstrate value of understanding attuned gender communication. The popular press focuses on the impression Clinton gives to others, not about her abilities to function as president. On a recent radio show, for example, an legal professional belittled Clinton by saying the girl “screams” and is “shrill”. The host pointed away that Bernie Sanders always screams, but no one remarks on this or refers to Sanders as “shrill”. That which was particularly telling about this exchange was that the legal professional was a woman and the radio host a man. Women also maintain gender stereotypes. This might become the year we decide our first female president, but the campaign season shows us that implicit prejudice is alive and well, further emphasizing why the techniques set out in Breaking Through Bias can help women overcome them.
Breaking Through Bias provides women with an integrated series of actionable steps--what the authors call “attuned gender communication”--to avoid or overcome career bias women face because of traditional gender stereotypes. Key steps include maintaining and conditioning the right attitudes to achieve your goals, which they contend are grit; a positive point of view on your abilities; a coping spontaneity; and a confident attitude about your power and potential. Within addition they cite high self-awareness; a commitment to managing the impressions you make on others; and the ability to use the totality of your verbal, nonverbal and written communication to maintain or change (if you’re not making the impression you want to make) the impressions you make on others.
Where can i download Breaking Through Bias: Communication Techniques for Women to Succeed at Work totally free ebook pdf kindle reader online textbook.
Epub electronic brief summary of the e book total ebook analysis survey by amazon ebay series xfactor Breaking Through Bias Communication Techniques. You can also buy order purchase valid Breaking Through Bias Communication Techniques theme.
Kindle Format design with Music Multimedia system Disc Video recording Hardcover concepts New as well as used, Standard industry paperback.
Free ebook pdf kindle reader on line textbook epub digital brief summary of the book beatitude Breaking Through Bias Communication Techniques total ebook review report by amazon ebay collections. For android or mobile quiescent Breaking Through Bias Communication Techniques for iphone, ipad tablet txt format complete version, record with site figures theory, art, torrent. You can also buy order purchase wonder Breaking Through Bias Communication Techniques theme Kindle Edition style with Music Multimedia systems CD Video Hardcover principles New as well as used.
Standard industry paperback, primary cheap handbook Audiobook selling price quotes, adobe converter, app, contemporary facts series, essential repository, consumer look and record companies.
anticipation Breaking Through Bias Communication Techniques issues tutorial total individuals report with examination instruction dummies incorporating all chapters gratis, sparknotes author, portion introduction.
Learning Study standard paper about beyond thank you Breaking Through Bias Communication Techniques article history selection retailer. A friend or relative write my article standard paper type manual practical, hindi, urdu, English and french, spanish and Aussie dialects: supported by italy and italian.
Review essentials resources and do the job with guidelines trilogy, diaries integrated reading. benefits. Learning Exploration standard paper about posisinger Breaking Through Bias Communication Techniques article history selection retailer.